Percy Jackson and the Titan's Curse

The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson, #3) - Rick Riordan

After re-reading the first two books in the series, I’m finally getting to the books I missed. New material! Yay! I don’t feel the need to review this one in depth, so I’ll just say a few things:

1. I am still really enjoying this series, its problematic elements notwithstanding. And I think it holds up well, despite being a tiny bit dated.
  2. Re: problematic elements, I have family with ADHD. They’re in no way, shape, or form accurately represented by Riordan’s idea of teenagers with ADHD. I’m continually dismayed (but not surprised) at the gimmick-ifying of medical conditions in mainstream media.
  3. There are Percy + Annabeth shippers in the world and I cannot. I cannot! She’s his first cousin once removed! That’s not even legal! Would YOU want to date your cousin’s kid? (Your answer better be no! Bleh!) And I know Aphrodite is totally shipping them right there on the pages, but she’s cheating on her half-brother husband with her half-brother lover, so HER JUDGMENT IS EXTREMELY SUSPECT.

Ahem.

*deep cleansing breath*

Anywho, on to book four.