The Eye of Argon

The Eye of Argon - Jim Theis

Wow. So this is the infamous Eye of Argon. I’d heard things—hilarious, unbelievable things—but I wasn’t prepared for the reality. I was not prepared. Wow.

I read this so I could follow along with a bookish podcast that’s sporking it (372 Pages We’ll Never Get Back). It deserves every bit of notoriety it’s garnered over the years. I can’t really describe it in a way that would do it justice. The Eye of Argon is something one needs to experience for oneself in order to truly understand it. Or at least partially understand it, which is the best we can expect what with it being nearly incomprehensible and all. But who among us can honestly claim our teenage scribbles were any more coherent? Well, okay, a whole lot of us could probably claim that. You know, I don’t know where I’m going with this. Best not to dwell. This way lies madness.

Thank you, Jim Theis, for your unwitting contribution to fantasy literature history, which I am giving five stars. Though you’re no longer with us, your legacy lives on. I enjoyed it immensely.

Iyck! ♥