24 Festive Tasks Door 1: Día de los Muertos

Tasks 1, 2, and 4 completed. Book read. Points = 4

Task 1:  Write a silly poem or limerick poking fun at the fiction character of your choice. ~ Since the arrival of new acquisitions is forcing me to rearrange my Star Wars books, here's a badly-crafted haiku in honor of Chewbacca:

Hunger is a beast

Yet the mightiest Wookiee

Cannot eat the porg

Task 2:  Share your favorite gravestone epitaph (you know you have one). ~ I do, but I can't for the life of me remember whose it was or what it said. While Googling in hopes of finding it, I found this: "What do you want your grave marker to say, Lola?"

Task 3:  Create an altar (either digital or physical) for your favorite book, series, or book character, and post a picture of it.  Inclusion of book cover encouraged. ~ Probably skipping this one.

Task 4: If you like Mexican food, treat yourself to your favorite dish and share a photo of it. ~ Might come back to this one if I can get up the energy (and ingredients) to make flan or find a restaurant or cafe in town that serves it.

Treating myself to my other favorite Mexican food for lunch today. I present to you the humble yet versatile burrito:

Book:  Re-read an old favorite from a now-deceased author, a book from a finished (dead) series, or a book set in Mexico. ~ Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen