24 Festive Tasks Door 5: Veterans/Armistice Day

Tasks 2 and 3 completed. Book read. Points = 3

Task 1:  Using book covers (real or virtual), create a close approximation of your country’s flag (either of residence or birth), OR a close approximation of a poppy.  Take a pic of your efforts and post.

Ehhhh. I think I'm gonna shove this one straight into the Too Hard basket. Mega kudos to anyone who attempts this. I'm still half blind from that Diwali cover task.

Task 2: Make an offer of peace (letter, gift, whatever) to a book character who has particularly annoyed you this year.

Dear Jace Wayland,

Though I hate you with the intensity of a supernova, 'tis the season to make peace with annoying assholes book characters. In that spirit, please accept this gift of a Costco-sized box of DNA testing kits so you never again have to angst over what kind of monster you are or whether that girl you want to pork is your sister.

Sincerely (sort of),

DP

Task 3: Tell us: What author’s books would you consider yourself a veteran of (i.e., by which author have you read particularly many books – or maybe even all of them)?

After some thought, I'd have to say I'm a veteran of Ann M. Martin. Before I outgrew Kristy and Claudia and Mary Anne and Stacey and Dawn and Mallory and Jessi, I'd read 50+ Baby-Sitters Club books and at least four of the Super Specials. I don't think I've ever topped that in reading books by a single author/pen name.

Task 4: Treat yourself to a slice of poppy seedcake and post a photo. If you want to make it yourself, try out this recipe: https://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/poppy-seed-cake/ … or this one: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1629633/lemon-and-poppy-seed-cake ~Hmm. I'm tempted. We'll see.

Book:  Read any book involving wars, battles, where characters are active military or veterans, or with poppies on the cover.

Book read: Star Wars Battlefront II: Inferno Squad (characters are active military)