24 Festive Tasks Door 10: Bon Om Touk

Tasks 2, 3, 4 completed. Points = 3

Task 1:  Make a paper boat and post a picture of it.   Instructions, if needed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiAWx8odStA

Maybe later.

Task 2: If you’ve ever attended a procession or an event involving festively decked out boats, post a picture and tell us about it.

A few years ago, my husband and I went to a New Year's Eve party on a houseboat on the Murray River. We had a good enough spot that we could see the fireworks and some of the houseboats decked out in lights, but not a single one of my pictures came out. So here's a picture I stole off the internet of a similar event on the river. It looked kind of like this:

Task 3: Bon Om Touk celebrates the end of the rainy season. Tell us: What’s your favorite type of rainy day book – and do you have a favorite drink or snack to go with your rainy day reading? Photos welcome!

It's totally a tactile thing, but my favorite type of rainy day book is a big fat hardcover. Genre doesn't matter. I just love the weight of it in my lap, the thickness of the pages, and the mingling smells of rain and lignin. One of my favorite rainy day reading snacks is a cup of hot green tea and ginger cookies. I'll drink/eat that any day, rain or shine, but the added warmth of the tea and the ginger are extra nice on rainy days.

Task 4: Which are your 3 favorite books where a key character is “moonlighting”?

I might be stretching the definition of "moonlighting" a bit, but oh well!

The Hobbit: Bilbo Baggins, respectable hobbit, moonlights as an adventuring thief.

The Scarlet Pimpernel: Sir Percy Blakeney, English Gentleman, moonlights as a top secret British operative specializing in infiltration and extraction and James Bond can eat his heart out because 007 could never top Sir Percy's record.

Bunnicula: Chester and Harold, professional house pets, moonlight as paranormal detectives.

Book: Read a book that takes place at sea or on a river OR with water on the cover OR where the plot involves a festival or the moon plays a pivotal role in the plot.